Biodynamic wines grounded in earth.
Established by the Buttery family in 1998, Gemtree is the shining light of sustainable grape growing and winemaking in McLaren Vale.
Key features of the business:
- A portfolio of wines respectful of McLaren Vale’s unique terroir including Grenache, Tempranillo, Fiano, Albarino and Shiraz;
- Modern tasting room with panoramic views of McLaren Vale and the surrounding coastline;
- Unique eco-trail and wetlands with visitor amenities and premium accommodation;
- 40,000 9LE sales with national wholesale distribution with Oatley Fine Wine Merchants;
- 3,000 tonne winery with 1,000 tonnes of contract winemaking.
The business is managed by part owners, Mike Brown (Chief Winemaker) and Melissa Brown (Viticulturist). Together they have built the business over the past 25 years and remain committed to ensuring their aspirations for the brand are realised under new ownership.
Due to a change of circumstances with the major shareholder the business is being offered for sale as a going concern.
Expressions of Interest for the entire business or individual components are invited to be lodged by Tuesday, 28th February 2023. To register for a confidential Information Memorandum, please complete and return a Confidentiality Agreement (click HERE to download).